Join the Board
Applications are invited for Membership of the Board of Management of Moray College UHI
Moray College UHI is seeking to appoint two new members to join the Board of Management. The Board of Management is committed to the College’s ethos and vision to provide learning opportunities of the highest quality and to make a significant contribution to the economic, social and cultural vitality of the Moray area. Moray College UHI is an academic partner of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
“To transform lives and to be at the heart of transformation in Moray, and in the wider region”
Our vision is that we will be famous for:
- The quality of our teaching, learning and support for students
- Our partnership work with stakeholders
- The positive impact and outcomes of what we do
- Our values and doing the right things in the right way
The Board has responsibility for overseeing the business of the College, determining its future strategic direction and fostering an environment in which the College mission is achieved and the potential of all learners is maximised.
The Board of Management must ensure compliance with the statutes, ordinances and provisions regulating the College and its framework of governance and, subject to these, take all final decisions on matters of fundamental concern to the College.
The College embraces diversity and welcomes expressions of interest from all areas of the community. Expressions of interest are particularly sought from individuals who have experience in one or more of the following areas.
- Health and Safety
- Emergency Management/Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Development
- Further and Higher Education
- Employer/Trade union negotiations including mediation and arbitration
- Risk management
- Corporate governance arrangements, whether in the higher and further education sectors or in other areas of public life, in the voluntary sector or in a business or professional organisation.
The role is not remunerated, although reasonable expenses are normally covered. Members are required to attend approximately five Board meetings each year plus meetings of its Standing Committees as appropriate. All appointments are subject to the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided on appointment. If you are interested and wish further information, a tour of the College, or an informal chat about what the role of a Board member involves, then please contact us by 9 August 2019.
Clerk to the Board of Management
Telephone (01343) 576444