Report: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
In accordance with the Equality Act (2010) Scottish Specific Duties, UHI Moray have published their 2021-2025 Equality Outcomes and Mainstreaming Report.
These outcomes are required to go through a process of informed engagement with external stakeholders and equality groups internally, and aims to enable achievement of its vision and general equality duty; eliminate discrimination and harassment; promote good relations and promote equality of opportunity.
Our strategic Equality outcomes are:
- Equality Outcome One: Our Board and Management are fully committed to equality duties and to ensuring decisions are in line with the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
- Equality Outcome Two: We provide a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for our students
- Equality Outcome Three: We provide a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for our staff
- Equality Outcome Four: We are recognised by our community and stakeholders as an organisation committed to providing and advancing equality of opportunity
- Equality Outcome Five: The college reviews and evaluates itself against the protected characteristics of staff and student populations
- Equality Outcome Six: The college will develop and publish a Gender Action Plan (GAP) as set by the Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
David Patterson, Principal and Chief Executive of UHI Moray:
"We are committed at all levels to ensuring an inclusive and open culture that fosters good relationships and eliminates unlawful discrimination. Every day we embrace equality of opportunity for all our learners, staff, stakeholders, and partners, to ensure dignity and respect for all."
Browse all UHI Moray publications and policies >