How to apply
Your guide to applying
Are you finding the prospect of applying for a course intimidating? Or maybe you are unsure on the application process and what happens next?
We’ve designed this guide with you, the applicant, in mind to put you at ease and provide all the information you need. However, if you have any questions or need support with your application please get in touch.
Finding your course
Discover our range of courses that we’ve designed to help you achieve your goals both in life and work.
Found the course for you? Check if you meet the entry requirements or are working towards them. If you don't meet the entry requirements, don't worry! We can help you to explore alternative options.
Not sure what course to choose? Our student services team are here to support you for all student guidance issues including advice on courses.
Submitting your application
You will need to apply via UCAS if you are intending to study a degree, or if you intend to study a HNC, HND or degree at UHI Moray plus considering another College/University. When completing your UCAS application, along with the Course Code you will also need to provide:
- Institution Code Name HIP
- Institution Code H49
- Campus Code (for UHI Moray) M
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a personal statement. This is your opportunity to demonstrate to us why you think that you should get a place on your chosen course.
Preparing for your interview
You may be invited to attend an interview, we will let you know via email.
You want to make the most of this opportunity and should therefore do some homework in advance.
Receiving your offer
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by email as soon as possible.
- Unconditional offer > Great! Now all you need to do is accept your place.
- Alternative course offer > You didn’t get your first choice course of study but we have selected a suitable alternative. Simply accept your offer to secure a place.
- Conditional offer > You have some conditions to meet before we can confirm your place, for most people this means waiting for exam results. Make sure to accept your offer and let the hard work commence!
- Not offered a place > Contact our Student Services team to discuss the options available to you.
Keep up to date with important information and get a feel for student life:
- Follow us on social media @UHIMoray
- Read our latest news and blogs
If you have disclosed a support need or disability, our Inclusive Learning Team will contact you to ensure support is in place for the start of your course. If you have a need that you did not disclose at application stage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that coming to college or university can be daunting as well as being an exciting opportunity. Our Student Services team can provide support, advice and guidance to our students, including those who are in care or through care services. We also work in partnership with other support services in Moray and beyond to help you before starting your course, throughout your studies and after you graduate.