The Flexible Workforce Development Fund is now open for 2021
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) managed through the Scottish Funding Council is now in its 4th year and was developed following the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy.
Eligible employers can use the FWDF to address priority skills gaps in their organisation by accessing funding to create tailored training programmes with their local college.
The fund provides funding for training up to a maximum of £15k for levy paying employers and/or their supply chain.
There is now an additional fund available for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) with under 250 employees which provides up to £5k for training.
Many local employers have already benefited from the fund by working with Moray College UHI to develop bespoke training provision directly linked to their skills requirements.
Examples of training already delivered include:
- Programme of Leadership and Management:
- Management of Change
- Performance Management
- Conflict and Mediation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Sector specific training in: Hospitality, Care, Marketing and Computing
- Employee health and wellbeing
- 1-day IT courses: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project Management
- Responsible Leadership and Management for Contemporary Business (UHI Accredited)
Find out more about the 2019/20 and 2020/21 FWDF fund for levy paying employers and SMEs or contact our Business Development Team to discuss your individual requirements.
- Jacqui Taylor, Head of Marketing and External Relations
- tel: 01343 576425
- email: Jacqui.Taylor.Moray@uhi.ac.uk
Funding is awarded on a first come first serve basis – contact us today!