All staff have a duty of care to respond appropriately to any protection concerns relating to the young people we come into contact with.
- Staff are here to listen to any concerns that you have for yourself or a fellow student.
- Staff will not make assumptions about whether harm/abuse has taken place.
- Staff want to reassure you and will be sensitive to any anxieties you have. Staff cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- Staff will have to pass on information to the College Safeguarding Co-ordinator or appropriate contact and ensure that you are kept safe.
- Staff will record everything you tell them and will keep you informed of what happens at every step of the process.
Remember you can speak to any staff member if you have any concerns. However, college staff with specific responsibility for Safeguarding are:
|Senior Safeguarding Manager||Derek Duncan||01343 email@example.com|
|Safeguarding Lead||Heather Henderson||01343 576269 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Safeguarding Officer||Nicole Hyslop||01343 576456 / email@example.com|