Food Manufacture NPA SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This part time course is designed to enable you to develop an understanding of the principles of the food and drink manufacturing industry, its structures, processes and procedures.
The principal aims of the NPA in Food Manufacture are to:
- Provide a background in food and drink processing that can then be applied to a range of products.
- Provide a background in food and drink manufacture related to a range of food products.
- Develop a basic working knowledge of Food and Drink Manufacturing as required by employers.
- Develop knowledge of relevant legislation and how these impact on the food and drink manufacturing industry.
- Develop awareness of the commercial and social drivers that affect the food and drink industry.
- Develop understanding of how sustainability issues affect the food and drink manufacturing industry locally and on a global scale.
- Facilitate progression to employment or further training within the Food and Drink Industry.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
There are four units each requiring 40 hours of study:
- Food Manufacturing: Fundamentals of Food Science
- Food Manufacturing: Food Production
- Food Manufacturing: Commercial and Social Drivers
- Food Manufacturing: Sustainability
UHI Moray will supply any equipment or resources for the course.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
This course can be delivered either online, on campus or by a lecturer going into the workplace.
How long will my course last?1 Year
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Our Student Finance Advisers can advise you on all aspects of student funding. The support available depends upon your personal circumstances.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
Normally, if you are studying full time for the first time and are Ordinarily Resident in Scotland your course fees will be covered through the information you provide on your course application. If you are studying part time and are on low income or in receipt of certain benefits your course fees may be covered by a fee waiver. If you are not Ordinarily Resident in Scotland, you may need to pay course fees. Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to gain employment in the food manufacturing and processing industry. If you are already employed within the sector, you may be able to further your career in the food industry or progress onto the HNC in Applied Science.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Food Manufacture NPA SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.