CHILDCARE AND MEN IN PRACTICE SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
The Scottish Government recognises the need to diversify the early years workforce in order to ensure that children have access to positive male role models from an early age.
The FREE course is an all men course, delivered in the evening to accommodate existing employment commitments.
You will explore a child's development from birth, and will look at the benefits of play and how that links to learning. You will begin to understand and develop your own personal attributes that contribute towards an excellent practitioner.
You will work together to look at the factors which can impact on a child's overall development, and learn about the professionals involved in supporting children and their families.
You will learn from experienced practitioners who have who have up-to-date industry knowledge.
• You can study in the evening over 11 weeks
• All successful candidates will be offered an interview for HNC Childhood Practice at Moray College UHI
• All successful candidates will also be guaranteed an interview at Early Years Support Worker level at Moray Council
No formal entry requirements.
Applicants will have an interest in childcare.
All students must attend a course information session.
Clear Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check required. Further information on the PVG Scheme will be issued to successful applicants prior to enrolment. Students may have to meet the cost of the PVG Check which is currently £59.
You will study:
• The development of children and young people – identifies the key milestones in each of the aspects of a child’s development from birth to 18 years, methods to assess development and professionals involved.
• Promoting wellbeing of children and young people – explores a range of influences and circumstances which may have an impact on the wellbeing of children and young people, the physical and emotional risks at different stages of a child’s development and the role of adults such as parents, play workers and teachers.
• Play for children and young people – explores the benefits of play, considers and reflects on the play environment.
• Support the safeguarding of children - support on handling safeguarding concerns that might be raised, the associated legislation and roles and responsibilities of adults.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Distance learning
A mix of face-to-face, online and project work.
Placements can be explored.
You will be helped to develop your skills in independent study. You will be provided with online resources to work through, within the support of your tutors.
How long will my course last?
Part time: Evening over 11 weeks
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
All successful candidates will be offered an interview for HNC Childhood Practice. In addition Moray Council will guarantee an interview at Early Years Support Worker level for all students who successfully complete the programme.
The demand for skilled workers means there’s never been a better time to find employment as a childcare worker.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for CHILDCARE AND MEN IN PRACTICE SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.