Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This new course is a clear progression route from the SCQF Level 5 Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies and has three primary objectives:
1. To develop key practical skills to enable you to carry out a robust and varied range of beauty therapy and aesthetic treatments
2. To build essential core and life skills which are transferable and will enable you to exit into employment or progress onto further level of studies
3. To develop a range of key employability skills including work placement, retailing, interview techniques and trade testing
Successful completion of this course may lead to employment in a salon/spa as a beauty & aesthetic therapist.
Other opportunities may be found in the field of beauty therapy, leisure, retail and the commercial make-up industry.
• You will gain current and in-demand practical skills making you industry ready
• As part of this comprehensive course you will visit local charities and venues
• You will also get the opportunity to participate in competition work
SCQF Level 5 Beauty Therapy qualification or equivalent.
Course content includes:
• Advanced Massage Techniques
• Skin Rejuvenation with Peels
• Facial Electrolysis
• Gel Nail Extensions
• Advanced Face & Body Treatments Using Electrotherapy
• Spa Massage
• Manage Yourself
• Core Skills
A kit is required and infill students may be required to purchase a kit for some units. This will be discussed with a member of the Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies Team.
You will be responsible for sourcing your own clients for assessment.
You must also work and be worked on for all practical units.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Blended learning delivery including online and face-to-face teaching.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Year
- Full time: 1 year
- Part time: 2 years
- Infill: duration depends on the unit
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of this course will allow you to enter into employment in a salon/spa as a beauty therapist.
Alternatively, you can progress onto an HNC at an alternative institution or into the Integrative Healthcare and Therapies course at Moray College UHI.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.