NPA Construction: Carpentry and Joinery SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
Designed to prepare you for employment as an apprentice in Carpentry & Joinery, this NPA introduces you to:
- general workplace health, safety and welfare
- productive work practices
- joinery skills and theory
- appreciation of access platforms and equipment
This course also includes core skills elements supporting your development in employability and behavioural skills, communications, numeracy, and IT.
- You will study at our Linkwood Technology Centre campus
- You will study core skills as part of the course
- This course will prepare you for an apprenticeship
There may be a possibility of work placements towards the end of the course.
- 3 National 4s (including a maths related subject) OR
- Completion of Foundation Apprenticeship level 4 Construction course OR
- Relevant work experience.
- Health and Safety in a construction environment
- Appreciation of Access Platforms and Equipment
- Construction Occupation Practices: An Introduction
- Efficient Construction Practices: An Introduction
- Employability and Behavioural Skills
- Construction: Information and Communication Technology
- Single Lap Roof Tiling: An Introduction
- Carpentry & Joinery: An Introduction
- Wall and Floor Tiling: An Introduction
- Place and Finish Non-Specialist Concrete
- Develop Bench Joinery Skills
- Manufacture Joinery Components
- Develop Constructional Carpentry Skills
- Develop Site Joinery Skills
- Construction numeracy
You will be required to purchase safety boots and boiler suit (approximately £50). If you are eligible for a bursary these costs will be covered.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
This is a practical based course with face-to-face practical classes on campus supplemented with our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How long will my course last?1 Year
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
- Technology Centre
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Our Student Finance Advisers can advise you on all aspects of student funding. The support available depends upon your personal circumstances.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you may:
- Apply for a Modern Apprenticeship in Carpentry & Joinery in the construction industry
- Progress onto a SCQF Level 6 course in Built Environment
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for NPA Construction: Carpentry and Joinery SCQF Level 5
We are no longer accepting applications for 2023/24
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.