Engineering Performance SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This Engineering Performance course has been designed to give you a thorough grounding in the engineering principles and is ideal if you would like to pursue a career at technician level. This course consists of SVQ elements of an Engineering Modern Apprenticeship and as such would be recognisable to employers in the engineering sector.
- You will gain a range of skills across a variety of engineering disciplines
- You will gain skills preparing you for employment
- This qualification can help with gaining a Modern Apprenticeship, and can map partially to elements within the Apprenticeship
- You will study at our Linkwood Technology Centre campus
- This qualification can help with gaining a Modern Apprenticeship.
This course consists of elements of an Engineering Modern Apprenticeship and as such would be recognisable to employers in the engineering sector.
- Three National 4s, including English and Maths OR
- A SCQF Level 4 course or equivalent.
Course content includes:
- Engineering Assembly Skills
- Engineering Workshop Skills
- Milling and Turning
- Applying Information Technology
PPE will be provided.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
This is a practical based course with face-to-face classes on campus supplemented with our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How long will my course last?1 Year
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
- Technology Centre
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Our Student Finance Advisers can advise you on all aspects of student funding. The support available depends upon your personal circumstances.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
Normally, if you are studying full time for the first time and are Ordinarily Resident in Scotland your course fees will be covered through the information you provide on your course application. If you are studying part time and are on low income or in receipt of certain benefits your course fees may be covered by a fee waiver. If you are not Ordinarily Resident in Scotland, you may need to pay course fees. Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you may:
- Progress onto the NC Engineering Systems (SCQF Level 6).
- Enter employment within the engineering industry.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Engineering Performance SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.