Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This new course in Beauty & Aesthetics has three primary objectives:
1. To develop key practical skills to enable you to carry out a broad range of beauty therapy treatments
2. To build essential core and life skills which are transferable and will enable you to exit into employment or progress onto a higher level of study
3. To develop a range of key employability skills including work experience, retailing, health and hygiene, and running a successful salon
Successful completion of this course may lead you into employment in a salon/spa as a junior beauty & aesthetic therapist.
Other opportunities may be found in the field of beauty therapy, leisure, retail and the commercial make-up industry.
• The course offers blended delivery with a range of resources to suit different learning styles
• You will gain key industry skills preparing you for employment
• As part of this course you will visit local charities and venues
• You will also get the opportunity to participate in competition work
You should possess or be working towards three National 4s, one of which must be English
satisfactory attainment of a SCQF Level 4 course.
Applications are encouraged from mature learners who do not possess formal qualifications but have the skills to meet academic demands of the course.
You will be invited to attend a prestart event prior to acceptance where you will be individually interviewed.
You will also participate in an induction programme.
Course content includes:
• Prescriptive Facial Therapy
• Manicure, Pedicure & Gel Treatments
• Carry Out Waxing Services
• Advanced Eye Techniques
• Wellbeing and Mindfulness
• Self-Tanning Techniques
• Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
• The Role of the Salon Leader
• Health & Hygiene
• Core Skills
Infill students may be required to purchase a kit for some units. This will be discussed with a member of the Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies Team.
You will be responsible for sourcing your own clients for assessment.
You must work and be worked on for all practical units.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Face to face in class.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of course will allow you to enter into employment in a salon/spa as a junior beauty therapist.
Alternatively, you can progress onto the SCQF Level 6 Beauty and Aesthetic Therapies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.