Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This course is an ideal programme if you are looking to develop in the beauty and aesthetic industry. The three primary objectives of this course are:
1. To develop key practical skills to enable you to carry out a broad range of beauty therapy treatments
2. To build essential core and life skills which are transferable and will enable you to exit into employment or progress onto a higher level of study
3. To develop a range of key employability skills including work experience, retailing, health & hygiene, and running a successful salon
- The course offers blended delivery with a range of resources to suit different learning styles
- You will gain key industry skills preparing you for employment
- As part of this course, you will visit local charities and venues
- You will also get the opportunity to participate in competition work
The course offers integration opportunities within peer groups across different levels to expand the realistic working environment experience. External engagement within the community and with stakeholders is encouraged.
- Evidence that you can work at National 4s level in three subjects (including English) OR
- A SCQF Level 4 course
- Applications are encouraged from prospective students without the standard entry requirements as listed above.
- You will also be invited to an interview and invited to participate in an induction programme.
Course content includes:
- Prescriptive Facial Therapies
- Manicure, Pedicure & Gel Polish Treatments
- Provide Waxing Treatments
- Advanced Eye Techniques
- Wellbeing and Mindfulness
- Self-Tanning Techniques
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
- The Role of the Salon Leader
- Recommendations of Products and Services
- Health & Hygiene
- Core Skills
You will be required to purchase a kit as part of this course (approx. £480). If you are eligible for a bursary these kit costs will be covered. Infill students may be required to purchase a kit for some units.
You will be responsible for sourcing your own clients for assessment.
You must also work and be worked on for all practical units.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
This is a practical based course with face-to-face practical classes on campus supplemented with our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How long will my course last?
- Full time: 1 year
- Part time: 2 years
- Infill: duration depends on the unit
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
Normally, if you are studying full time for the first time and are Ordinarily Resident in Scotland your course fees will be covered through the information you provide on your course application.
If you are studying part time and are on low income or in receipt of certain benefits your course fees may be covered by a fee waiver.
If you are not Ordinarily Resident in Scotland, you may need to pay course fees.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information
|Course fees 2022/23*||Scotland||Rest of UK||International|
|Further Education - Full time (SVQs and NQs)||£1,740||£6,960||£6,960|
|Further Education - Part time (SVQs and NQs - per single credit unit)||£88||£352||£352|
*The fees for 2023-24 have not yet been confirmed.
Our Student Finance Advisers can advise you on all aspects of student funding. The support available depends upon your personal circumstances.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
Normally, if you are studying full time for the first time and are Ordinarily Resident in Scotland your course fees will be covered through the information you provide on your course application. If you are studying part time and are on low income or in receipt of certain benefits your course fees may be covered by a fee waiver. If you are not Ordinarily Resident in Scotland, you may need to pay course fees. Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of this course will allow you to enter into employment in a salon/spa as a junior beauty therapist.
Other opportunities may be found in the field of beauty therapy, leisure, retail and the commercial make-up industry.
Alternatively, you can progress onto the SCQF Level 6 Beauty and Aesthetic Therapies course.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.