Future Pathways: College Certificate SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
Future Pathways is a short 18 week full time course designed to build skills and confidence to prepare you to progress in life and your career. Whether you are looking to enter further education or gain the confidence to enter employment or change career this programme is an ideal starting point.
This course covers a number of modules including:
- Learn how to work or study online successfully
- Online job search including applying for jobs, CV writing and online interview skills
- Self awareness and self management
- Wellbeing and self development
- Using Microsoft packages to enhance your employability skills
You will be supported throughout the programme as required with structured weekly catch up sessions to discuss your progress.
- Successful completion of the course allows access to SCQF Level 5 courses
- Development of personal growth and wellbeing
- Understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Knowledge and experience of studying online
- Enhanced employment prospects
You should be working towards two National 4s including English or equivalent e.g. may include relevant attainment at National 3.
Applications are encouraged from mature students and individuals who do not possess formal qualifications but have the skills to meet the academic demands of the course.
Course content includes:
- Collaborating with your Peers
- Personal Development: Practical Abilities
- Improving Wellbeing
- Personal Development
Developing IT skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
Developing employment skills
- Writing Personal Statements
- Online Job Search – Completing Applications
- Online Interview Skills
- Getting Started Online – including good practice in relation to online meetings
- Promoting an Enterprise or Business Online
- Speaking Online and Face to Face
- Staying Legal and Safe Online
- Accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
Important: Funding information
If you are in receipt of any DWP benefits - Please note attendance on this programme may affect your entitlement. Please contact student services for further information and advice about sources of funding.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
This course is delivered mainly online through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) however there will be some face to face teaching on campus.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress onto further study at SCQF Level 5, or you will have developed the skills and confidence to enter employment or change career.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Future Pathways: College Certificate SCQF Level 4
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.