Future Pathways: College Certificate SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
Future Pathways is a short 18 week full time course designed to build skills and confidence to prepare you to progress in life and your career. Whether you are looking to enter further education or gain the confidence to enter employment or change career this programme is an ideal starting point.
This course covers a number of modules including:
- Learn how to work or study online successfully
- Online job search including applying for jobs, CV writing and online interview skills
- Self awareness and self management
- Wellbeing and self development
- Using Microsoft packages to enhance your employability skills
You will be supported throughout the programme as required with structured weekly catch up sessions to discuss your progress.
- Successful completion of the course allows access to SCQF Level 5 courses
- Development of personal growth and wellbeing
- Understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Knowledge and experience of studying online
- Enhanced employment prospects
No formal entry requirements.
Course content includes:
- Collaborating with your Peers
- Personal Development: Practical Abilities
- Improving Wellbeing
- Personal Development
Developing IT skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
Developing employment skills
- Writing Personal Statements
- Online Job Search – Completing Applications
- Online Interview Skills
- Getting Started Online – including good practice in relation to online meetings
- Promoting an Enterprise or Business Online
- Speaking Online and Face to Face
- Staying Legal and Safe Online
- Accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
You will study mainly online through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) with support from your lecturers, however there will be some face-to-face teaching on campus.
How long will my course last?18 Weeks
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
September or January
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Our Student Finance Advisers can advise you on all aspects of student funding. The support available depends upon your personal circumstances.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
Normally, if you are studying full time for the first time and are Ordinarily Resident in Scotland your course fees will be covered through the information you provide on your course application. If you are studying part time and are on low income or in receipt of certain benefits your course fees may be covered by a fee waiver. If you are not Ordinarily Resident in Scotland, you may need to pay course fees. Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you can:
- Progress onto further study at SCQF Level 5
- Enter employment or change career
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Future Pathways: College Certificate SCQF Level 4
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.