Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
This new course is an entry level programme with three primary objectives:
1. To develop key practical skills to enable you to carry out a range of basic beauty therapy treatments
2. To build essential core and life skills which are transferable and will enable you to exit into employment or progress onto a higher level of study
3. To include units to enable you to manage clients and your own stress and wellbeing
Successful completion of this course may lead to employment in a salon/spa as a salon junior or receptionist.
• You will study an interactive, robust course allowing you to build your confidence and gain practical industry skills
• As part of this course you will visit local charities and venues
• You will also get the opportunity to participate in competition work
You should possess or be working towards a National 3 qualification or equivalent.
Applications are also welcome from mature learners with no formal qualifications, those whom have been out of education for a long period of time but have the life skills to meet the adacemic demands of the course.
You will be invited to attend a prestart event prior to acceptance where you will be individually interviewed.
You will also participate in an induction programme.
Course content includes:
• All About Eyes
• Coping Strategies and Building Resilience
• Stress Relief Techniques
• Skincare Basics
• Hand & Foot Treatments
• Lower Leg Waxing
• Current Make Up Skills
• The Role of the Salon Receptionist
• The Role of the Salon Assistant
• Core and Employability Skills
You will be required to work and be worked on for all practical units.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Face to face in class.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of course will allow you to enter into employment in a salon/spa as a salon junior or receptionist.
Alternatively, you can progress onto the SCQF Level 5 Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies course.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Beauty & Aesthetic Therapies SCQF Level 4
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.