What is special about this course?
These 'mini' HE Accounting awards are made up of four HN units which can either be completed as stand-alone awards, or can be built on and lead to full HNC awards. PDAs are nationally-recognised qualifications, which can help to enhance the career prospects of candidates. Attendance is required at college classes on a part-time basis.
- This course will develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current financial accounting practice
- You will gain knowledge of manual book-keeping skills and be prepared for employment in a financial accounting role
- You will develop skills using commercially produced financial accounting software
- You will gain experience in preparing final accounts for a range of business organisations
- Some previous accounts knowledge required
- Please contact your local college for more information
- NC Business
Year 1 - PDA
- Preparing final accounts
- Recording financial information
- Using financial accounting software
How will I study my course?
- Part-time attendance
- Part-time distance (Perth College UHI)
- Please contact the campus where you wish to study for more details on study options
- Attendance at some tutorials may be required at some colleges and you may be part of a full-time class
- All subjects are internally assessed on an ongoing basis. At some colleges, students are expected to make regular use of the college’s library facilities for research and study
- For more information, contact your local college
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of the PDA Financial Accounting, you may consider an accounting or business role.
Former students have secured roles in management and business organisations.
Can I progress into further study?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.