Engineering (SCQF level 7) PDA
Course code 201H
What is special about this course?
This PDA Engineering (SCQF level 7) is ideal if you have recently left school or college, or are currently in employment, and wish to obtain a formal qualification to enhance your engineering knowledge. The units will enable you to gain the practical and inter-personal skills needed to work successfully within the engineering sector and as part of the 21st century economy.
- Entry is at the discretion of the centre, however it is recommended that you should have experience of Engineering Science, or Physics, and Mathematics at National 5 as a minimum
Year 1 - PDA
You will study the following core modules:
- Pneumatics and hydraulics
- Engineering measurement and system monitoring
- Materials selection
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- You will learn through a combination of face to face lectures, group work, practical engineering activities, measurement and testing, computer simulation and project work
- Assessments will take place at individual unit level, these will usually consist of written tests and/or practical exercises, which will include the preparation of reports
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 1 year @ 4-6 hours per week
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of this PDA Engineering (SCQF level 7), you may choose to pursue an apprenticeship (this qualification can also help with credit transfer on these programs).
Can I progress into further study?
You may wish to progress from PDA Engineering (SCQF level 7) to the following courses:
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Engineering (SCQF level 7) PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.