What is special about this course?
This professional development award delivers the essential skills and knowledge for a career in book-keeping or working in an accounting or financial administration role. The PDA courses are quick and cost effective to deliver, so are ideal for developing the skills of young people, graduates, and other adult learners. They are also ideal for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) so employers can enhance the skills of their employees.
- This course will allow you to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to book-keeping and financial accounting practice
- You will develop manual book-keeping abilities and skills using commercially produced financial accounting software to record accounting transactions, prepare accounting reports and process the payroll
- You will also develop skills in basic payroll procedures using manual and computerised systems
- This course will prepare candidates for employment in a book-keeping or financial administration role
- Generally, entry is open to any applicant who can demonstrate, by formal qualification or experience, a reasonable expectation of successfully completing the award. It would be beneficial for students to be competent in Communication, Numeracy and IT skills to SCQF level 5
Year 1 - PDA
- Recording Financial Information
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Using Financial Accounting Software
How will I study my course?
- Part-time attendance (structured)
- Part-time attendance (unstructured)
- Part-time Distance
- Most colleges deliver this course by blended learning, allowing the student the flexibility of college attendance and home study to fit around work and life commitments
- This course will be continually assessed
- For information on how you will study this course, please contact the college at which you wish to study
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 36 weeks
Where can I study my course?
- April (Perth College UHI only): please contact the college for more information on how to apply for this start date
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus you wish to study with
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The PDA in Book-keeping will prepare candidates for employment within the accounting and business services sector. The types of positions which may be taken up by candidates include: Accounting Assistants, Financial Administrators and Payroll Clerks.
Can I progress into further study?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.