Electronic Engineering NC Level 5
What is special about this course?
The aim of this course is to provide you with a range of engineering practical skills supported by underpinning knowledge.
This course will prepare you with the skills for employment as a skilled crafts or trade person in a wide range of electronic and electrical engineering disciplines.
This NC Electronic Engineering course has been developed to address the needs of a range of potential full-time students, work based/ employed learners and adult returners and apprentices who wish to consider entering or progressing within the engineering sector.
- You can choose to study this course full or part time
- Course is ideal if you are returning to education or looking to enter the engineering industry
- You will study at our technology centre at the Linkwood campus
- This qualification can help with gaining a Modern Apprenticeship, and can map partially to elements within the Apprenticeship.
Three National 4s, including English and Maths
satisfactory attainment of an SCQF Level 4 course or equivalent.
Course content includes:
- Mathematics: Craft 1
- Engineering: Using Information Technology
- Electrical Principles
- Fundamental Electronics
- Electronic Test Equipment and Measurement
- Soldering and Circuit Assembly Techniques
- Electronic Simulation and Testing Plus a range of optional units including:
- Semiconductor Applications
- Combinational Logic
- Practical Electronics
- Transformation and Rectification
- Computer Aided Draughting
- Mathematics: Craft 2
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
(part time - 2 or more years)
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress onto NC Engineering Systems (SCQF Level 6), specialising in either mechanical or electronic engineering.
Alternatively, you can enter employment within the engineering industry.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Electronic Engineering NC Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.