Carpentry and Joinery (SCQF Level 6) Modern Apprenticeship
What is special about this course?
Modern Apprenticeships offer anyone aged over 16 paid employment combined with the opportunity to train for jobs across a wide range of sectors. They are an exciting way of gaining skills and qualifications that will help to start a career without having to study full time.
All the Modern Apprenticeship frameworks are developed by the appropriate sector skills council in consultation with their industry. Modern Apprenticeship frameworks can also be used as the basis for training more established employees.
Off the job learning usually takes place through colleges or training providers.
Here at Moray College UHI we offer a range of Modern Apprenticeships across a range of sectors and work closely with a number of employers within the Highlands and Islands areas.
This SCQF Level 6 (SVQ Level 3) course is designed to provide apprentice joiners with specific trade training specified by CITB.
Candidates must be employed with a construction firm who will sponsor their apprenticeship training.
• Store Resources Ready for Use
• Erect and Dismantle Working Platforms
• Contribute to Efficient Working Practices
• Install First Fixing Components
• Install Second Fixing Components
• Erect Structural Carcassing Components
• Produce Joinery Setting Out Details
• Mark Out Joinery from Setting Out Details
• Manufacture Joinery Products
• CITB Health and Safety Test
• Maintain Internal and External Timber Components
• Contribute to Establishing the Operational Area
• Contribute to the Progress of Operations
• Assist with the Organisation of Resources
• Co-ordinate and Install First and Second Fixing
• Components and Finishings
• Integrative Assessment in the Construction Industry
• Co-ordinate and Erect Structural Carcassing Components
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Block release
How long will my course last?
1st year: 19 weeks in college
2nd year: 11 weeks in college
3rd year: 1 week in college
4th year: 1 week in college
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Further study may include PDA in Carpentry and Joinery or HNC Construction Management at SCQF Level 7.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
For more information about this Modern Apprenticeship programme, please contact Gillian McKenzie, Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), on 07770 231761 in the first instance.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.