What is special about this course?
This course is designed to provide an introduction to First Aid and resuscitation for those with no formal training and to provide the annual skills update for holders of the First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work certificates. The course covers those aspects of First Aid, which may be required in potentially life threatening situations, such as - breathing, resuscitation and shock.
Aims of the Course
- To enable participants to understand the principles of First Aid
- To enable participants to practise First Aid procedures emphasising resuscitation and recovery position
- To enable participants to deal with emergency situations
This course is designed for those with no formal training and to provide the annual skills update for holders of the First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work certificates.
- Actions of first aider in case of accident or emergency
- Theory of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Practical: cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Recognition and treatment of Clinical and Anaphylactic shock
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Short course duration - 3 hours.
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.