What is special about this course?
This covers all aspects of First Aid to gain certification as a suitable person and is valid for 3 years and meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. In line with HSE guidelines it is strongly recommended that holders attend the resuscitation skills update annually.
Aims of the Course
- To enable participants to understand the principles of First Aid
- To enable participants to practise First Aid procedures, emphasising resuscitation and recovery position
- To enable participants to deal with emergency situations
NOTE: This replaced the 24 Hour course from 1 October 09 in line with revised HSE Guidelines.
*FAIB is the First Aid Industry body who now validate our training and ensure standards are maintained nationwide in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Further details are on their website http://www.firstaidindustrybody.co.uk
- Practice and Principles of First Aid
- Burns and Scalds
- Responsibilities of First Aider
- Recognition of Minor Illnesses
- Incident Management
- Temperature, Pulse and Respiration
- Delegation and Communication
- Central Nervous System
- A.B.C. - Vital Needs of Casualty
- Unconsciousness - Causes
- Respiration and Circulation
- Head Injury, Concussion and Compression
- Examination of Casualty
- The Recovery Position
- Structure and Function of the Skeleton
- Respiratory System
- Treatment of Fractures
- Asphyxia Causes, Signs and Symptoms
- Treatment of Asphyxia
- Sprains and Strains
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Eye Injuries
- Artificial Ventilation
- Function of Vertebral Column
- External Cardiac Massage
- Spinal Injuries
- Function of Heart and Lungs
- Recognition of Major Illness
- Function of Blood
- Heart Attacks
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Shock and Functions of Skin
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Short course over 3 days - 9am to 4pm.
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.