First Aid at Work Certificate
What is special about this course?
This course covers all aspects of First Aid to gain certification as a suitable person and is valid for 3 years. The course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. In line with HSE guidelines it is strongly recommended that holders attend the Resuscitation Skills Update annually.
Aims of the course include:
- To enable you to understand the principles of First Aid
- To enable you to practise First Aid procedures, emphasising resuscitation and recovery position
- To enable you to deal with emergency situations
*FAIB is the First Aid Industry body who now validate our training and ensure standards are maintained nationwide in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Further details are on their website: https://www.faib.co.uk/
No formal entry requirements.
Couse content includes:
- Practice and Principles of First Aid
- Burns and Scalds
- Responsibilities of First Aider
- Recognition of Minor Illnesses
- Incident Management
- Temperature, Pulse and Respiration
- Delegation and Communication
- Central Nervous System
- A.B.C. - Vital Needs of Casualty
- Unconsciousness - Causes
- Respiration and Circulation
- Head Injury, Concussion and Compression
- Examination of Casualty
- The Recovery Position
- Structure and Function of the Skeleton
- Respiratory System
- Treatment of Fractures
- Asphyxia Causes, Signs and Symptoms
- Treatment of Asphyxia
- Sprains and Strains
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Eye Injuries
- Artificial Ventilation
- Function of Vertebral Column
- External Cardiac Massage
- Spinal Injuries
- Function of Heart and Lungs
- Recognition of Major Illness
- Function of Blood
- Heart Attacks
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Shock and Functions of Skin
How will I study my course?
- Short course
This is a practical based course delivered face-to-face on campus.
How long will my course last?
3 days (18 hours) 10am-5pm.
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
Click here for upcoming course dates and costs.
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Our Student Finance Advisers can advise you on all aspects of student funding. The support available depends upon your personal circumstances.
Please refer to our Fees and Funding section for more information.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Please download and complete our First Aid booking form.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.