What is special about this course?
This course is designed to meet the requirements of employers in lower risk environments and covers resuscitation, shock, bandaging and medical emergencies. The course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Aims of the Course -
- To enable participants to understand the principles of First Aid
- To enable participants to practise First Aid procedures, emphasising resuscitation and the recovery position.
- To enable participants to deal with emergency situations
*FAIB is the First Aid Industry body who now validate our training and ensure standards are maintained nationwide in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Further details are on their website http://www.firstaidindustrybody.co.uk
- Practice and Principles of First Aid
- Burns and Scalds
- Unconsciousness - Causes
- Respiration and Circulation.
- Examination of Casualty
- The Recovery Position
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Recognition of Major Illness
- Heart Attacks
- Wounds and Bleeding
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Short course duration - 1 day.
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.