A state-of-the-art technology centre.
Our Technology Centre is located at our Linkwood campus in New Elgin. If you're planning to study courses in Built Environment, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Engineering Systems specialising in Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering, then you'll largely be based here.
The state-of-the-art facility caters for all course areas and includes a large practical project area so you can undertake building projects whatever the weather!
Other facilities include:
- A mechanical engineering machine workshop including lathes, milling machines and grinding machines
- A motor vehicle engineering workshop
- A well-equipped joinery, electrical installation and plumbing training workshops
- Skills testing facilities for carpentry and joinery, and brickwork
- Gas Assessment Centre
- OFTEC Assessment Centre
This impressive facility also includes electronic and mechanical engineering laboratories, all classrooms equipped with e-learning technology and a number of large computer suites, including:
- An engineering mechanics/materials science laboratory, including materials testing facilities
- A large mechatronic project area including hydraulic and control systems training facilities
- A large CADD suite with industry standard AutoCAD software installed, plus two 3D printers for rapid prototyping
- An Embedded computing training facility
- A dedicated pneumatic systems and control systems training laboratory
Gas, Oil and Renewables Assessment Centre
Our Linkwood campus is also home to our Gas, Oil and Renewables Assessment Centre. The Centre has all the facilities required to offer training and assessment in Domestic, Commercial, LPG gas courses, OFTEC, Unvented Hot Water and Byelaws, Solar Thermal, Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps, and Biomass. Gas, oil and renewables assessment centre