Hospitality and Tourism Academy
The Hospitality and Tourism Academy (HATA) was launched by Albert Roux and Shirley Spear in 2012. It is located at the college’s main campus offering a range of hospitality training opportunities from short courses to full time programmes.
Choose Hospitality, Choose Moray
You can study further education courses, focusing on learning within a realistic work environment or higher education courses as part of the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).
By studying hospitality with us, you will build your confidence and gain employability skills whilst achieving industry relevant qualifications which provide an opportunity to learn skills and techniques in both a restaurant and kitchen setting.
All of our hospitality courses have both theory and practical elements and the Beechtree Restaurant, part of the Academy opens weekdays to the public to give students hands-on experience.
The Academy also offers a range of short courses for individuals looking to upskill or enter the industry.
We have a great reputation for learning and our strong links with local employers ensures our training meets the demands of local industry.
A number of our students have started college at entry level and worked through their qualifications going on to full time employment in the hospitality sector.
Why not join them and apply today!
Short Courses starting 2020
- Customer Service Skills
- Bakery & Patisserie Skills
- Basic Recipe Costing and Menu Planning
- Vegetarian and Vegan Cookery Skills
- Cooking with Confidence
- Barista Skills (SCQF Level 6)
- Cocktail and Mocktail Skills (SCQF Level 6)
- Travel & Tourism (SCQF Level 6)
- Culinary Skills 1 (day release)
- Culinary Skills 2 (day release)
- Food & Beverage Service Skills 1
- Food & Beverage Service Skills 2
- REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene
- REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Scottish Personal Licence Holder
- Scottish Personal Licence Holder (Refresher)
- Whisky Course