Hospitality and Tourism Academy
The Hospitality and Tourism Academy (HATA) was launched by Albert Roux and Shirley Spear in 2012. It is located at the college’s main campus offering a range of hospitality training opportunities from short courses to full time programmes.
You can study further education courses, including SVQ and City and Guilds Diplomas, focusing on learning within a realistic work environment or higher education courses including HNC, HND and degree, as part of the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).
By studying hospitality with us, you will build your confidence and gain employability skills whilst achieving industry relevant qualifications which provide an opportunity to learn skills and techniques in both a restaurant and kitchen setting.
All of our hospitality courses have both theory and practical elements and the Beechtree Restaurant, part of the Academy opens weekdays to the public to give students hands-on experience.
The HATA has a great reputation for learning and its strong links with local employers ensuring our training meets the demands of local industry.
We have a range of CPD and short courses for people working in the industry.
- Whisky Course
- Scottish Personal Licence Holders – Vocational (No. 7104) Certificate
- REHIS Certificate Elementary Food Hygiene
- REHIS Certificate Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Cooking with Confidence
- Coming soon to HATA: Range of new short training courses for 2019-20
- Hospitality: Introduction C&G (Level 4)
- Culinary Skills/Food and Beverage C&G (Level 5)
- Professional Cookery C&G (Level 6)
- Professional Food & Beverage Service C&G (Level 6)
- HNC Hospitality
- HNC Events
- HNC Professional Cookery
- HND Professional Cookery
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Events Management
Day Release Courses
Our SVQ in Professional Cookery Day Release courses are designed to provide students with necessary modern practical skills to meet the demands of employers within the hospitality industry.
A number of our students have started college at entry level and worked through their qualifications going on to full time employment in the hospitality sector. Why not join them and apply today!