Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and gives you the opportunity to transfer the skills you are learning at College into your volunteer role. There are many reasons for becoming a volunteer and there are many opportunities in the Moray area including working with youth groups, elderly people to fundraising or becoming a member of the student representative council within the college.
We can help you find an area where both you and the volunteer organisation can get the most out of the experience. This does not mean 30 hours a week, even a couple of hours can make a difference.
Student volunteering has a vast array of benefits; here are just a few:
- Looks great on your CV; acts as a work reference; and strengthens UCAS applications.
- Develops a range of hard and soft skills, e.g. project management and communication.
- Helps you build a social network within the college.
- Student Volunteers communicate with all sectors of society becoming well rounded, active citizens
- Many competitive commercial sector jobs are mirrored in the voluntary sector as a volunteer opportunity, and can act as a stepping-stone into the world of work.
Why don’t you come along to the Career Zone downstairs in Student Services for a chat where we have all the information you need about volunteering.