Top 10 things to enjoy in Moray
- Moray Leisure Centre - enjoy swimming, ice-skating or gym facilities
- Moray Playhouse Cinema - enjoy the latest films at our local cinema
- Cooper Park - enjoy our park activities including tennis courts, bowling greens or take a trip along the boating pond
- Moray is home to the world’s only Malt whisky trail and half of all Scotland’s distilleries – enjoy a tour around distilleries tasting world famous brands
- Speybay Dolphin Centre - enjoy a tour around the marine wildlife centre
- Elgin City Football Club - enjoy watching nail biting matches supporting our local football team
- Cairngorms - enjoy skiing or snowboarding in our beautiful mountain ranges
- Golf Courses - enjoy a relaxing game of golf, in one of our 18 courses including the highest tee in Scotland
- Moray coastal walks - enjoy a leisurely stroll along one of our beautiful coastal trails
- Local beaches - enjoy 35 miles of golden sandy beaches, voted 12th in the world
UHI clubs and societies
Ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle or meeting new people is to sign-up to the range of UHI clubs and societies run by the Highlands and Islands Students’ Association (HISA). Head over to their website to find out what’s on offer and to find out about all the great work HISA do!
To spark your sense of adventure, if you love the great outdoors, you’ll not be short of inspiration with the Cairngorms Mountains in the south and the Moray Firth Coast in the north there is something for everyone to enjoy! Apart from the fabulous surrounding environment there are also some great local clubs to get involved with including hill walking, climbing, curling, ice-skating, kayaking, abseiling, mountain biking and sailing, to name but a few.
To pursue and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, a range of gym facilities are available in Moray, including the new 24 hour gym Anytime Fitness, Motion Fitness, or the Moray Leisure Centre. Not only does the Moray Leisure Centre offer gym facilities, but also a skating rink and a swimming pool, perfect for a gym and swim.
We have our very own fitness suite right here on campus open to students, staff and the general public. With a range of resistance machines, free weights and cardio vascular equipment, you can get fit for a healthy future with special offers for our students. Find out gym opening times and costs here.
Moray Sports Centre is one of the new fitness centres that will be open soon for Moray. To follow progress and for new info, visit the Moray Sports Centre Twitter page.
Moray and the surrounding area is home to a number of world renowned festivals and events that take place throughout the year:
- Piping @ Forres – World European Pipeband Championships
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Music Festival
- Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival
- Moray Walking Festival:
- Lossiemouth Seafest
- Findhorn Bay Arts Festival:
- Gordon Castle Highland Games & County Show
Moray caters to everyone’s taste, its home to a variety of cosmopolitan restaurants, unique cafes and lively bistros with most places offering local produce! View places to eat in Moray.
Student night life
If it’s a cosy pub, gin garden or cocktail bar, Moray has a variety of places to relax with friends while enjoying a tipple! If you are looking for something a bit more lively, Elgin is home to two night clubs that you can dance the night away.