Scottish Apprenticeship Week
We are celebrating SCOTTISH APPRENTICESHIP WEEK (4th - 8th March) with our Modern and Foundation Apprentices! If you are interested in finding out more check out below!
Foundation Apprenticeships (FA) at Moray College UHI
FAs are work based learning opportunities for young people at school to work in industry alongside other forms of traditional learning such as Highers. The aim is to give young people experience of the world of work, by introducing them to industry much earlier and opening up their career choices.
We are offering the following frameworks for the 2019/20 session:
- Business Skills
- Creative and Digital Media
- Food & Drink Technologies
- IT: Hardware/System Support
- Social Services - Children & Young People
- Social Services and Healthcare
- A number of universities across Scotland now recognise the FA as part of their entry criteria
- Gain SVQ qualifications while in your senior phase at school
- Gain experience of working in your chosen career by undertaking a workplace placement
How can I apply for a Foundation Apprenticeship?
All you have to do is ask your guidance teacher for an application form or contact our Foundation Apprenticeship Coordinator Liz MacLaren for more details.
Modern Apprenticeships (MA) at Moray College UHI
MAs are ideal if you would like to earn while you learn. The MA programme offers anyone aged over 16 in paid employment the opportunity to train towards a nationally recognised qualification while working. We offer a range of frameworks in partnership with Skills Development Scotland across many sectors.
What are the benefits of doing a Modern Apprenticeship?
- Earn while you learn
- Gain a qualification recognised be industry
- Gain workplace skills and industry experience
You need to be in paid employment to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship, keep an eye out on the Skills Development Scotland and Moray Developing Young Workforce social media sites for employers offering MA opportunities. Once you are in employment your employer will work with the college and you may attend college on a block or day release in order to gain your qualification while working.
Come along to our Open Evening on Tuesday 5 March, 5 - 6.30pm at the College Campus in Elgin for more details on apprenticeship frameworks or our range of courses.
If you are an employer looking to take on a MA or FA contact us for more information.