Schools programme explained
These courses count as one of your school column choices in S4, S5, and S6 and can be added into your existing school timetable.
- Some courses have specific entry requirements. Entry to all other courses will be based on your application form and/or interview.
- Before applying for SCQF Level 6 and 7 courses please check with your school to ensure you have the relevant qualifications.
- Once you have submitted your application your guidance teacher will be automatically sent a link to complete a reference. It could include circumstance that have/could affect your academic work, such as personal problem, illness or any individual needs you may have.
- Interviews are held for College places, and it is important that you make the most of the opportunity. There are less places available than applications so make sure that your personal statement is clear and that you have completed all of the information requested.
- Senior Phase courses normally run on Wednesdays, check the course content for times and mode of delivery.
- SCQF Level 6 and 7 courses may involve attendance at college, online study, web based study and/or video conferencing.
- You don't need to wear uniform on the days you attend College as you are classed as a College student.
- However, we do report absence to schools and tracking reports are completed by your lecturers - just the same as at school!
- Your school will provide transport to ensure you get to college for your start time and return to school after. There is no cost to pupils.
- Your College course is SQA certificated and if you pass, will appear on your SQA Certificate along with your Nationals, Highers and Advanced Highers.