What is special about this course?
To enable students to enhance their current skills and knowledge to further develop a career within the hairdressing industry.
Applicants should have an ability and willingness to communicate with people.
All applicants must attend Course Information Events held prior to the course commencing.
Successful completion of SVQ in Hairdressing SCQF Level 5 (formerly SVQ Level 2)
a minimum of 3 years current, commercial experience in hairdressing.
• Creatively Style and Dress Hair
• Creatively Cut Hair Using a Combination of Techniques
• Creatively Colour and Lighten Hair
• Provide Client Consultation Services
• Hair Colour Correction Services
• Develop, Enhance and Evaluate Your Creative Hairdressing Skills
• Contribute to the Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of Promotional Activities
• Volunteering Experience
There may be an opportunity for full time students to take up the Work Experience Intermediate 2 unit.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Teaching will consist of face to face and online activities including virtual classrooms.
Portfolios, Open and Closed Book Assessments, Written Projects, Practical Observations.
How long will my course last?
Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 years
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Further study may include an HNC in Hairdressing.
Employment as Stylist or Technician.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.