Hairdressing (SCQF Level 6) SVQ
What is special about this course?
This course will build on your foundation basic cutting and colouring skills enabling you to enhance your creative cutting, colouring, and styling skills which are all key units required within the hairdressing industry.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to progress to the next level of study or gain employment as an Improver Stylist within the hairdressing industry.
You must have an ability and willingness to communicate with people to be successful in the hairdressing industry.
• You will gain creative practical skills in a rewarding and creative industry
• You can study full time or part time
• You will study within a real working environment using professional products
• You will have the opportunity to compete in industry related competitions
Successful completion of Foundation Hairdressing (SCQF Level 5)
a minimum of 3 years current, commercial experience in hairdressing.
You must attend a Course Information Event held prior to the course commencing.
Course content includes:
• Creatively Style and Dress Hair
• Creatively Cut Hair Using a Combination of Techniques
• Creatively Colour and Lighten Hair
• Provide Client Consultation Services
• Hair Colour Correction Services
• Develop, Enhance and Evaluate Your Creative Hairdressing Skills
• Contribute to the Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of Promotional Activities
Equipment required includes:
• A uniform (tunic, trousers and shoes)
• Hairdressing Tool Kit
• Cutting / Styling Kit and textbook
Order forms will be sent out to you once you have confirmed and accepted your unconditional offer of a place on the course. Costs are included in the bursary.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Teaching will consist of face-to-face and online activities including virtual classrooms.
While the hairdressing department operates three commercial salons, you are encouraged to find your own clients where possible to meet the specific requirements of the portfolio.
How long will my course last?
Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 years
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you may progress onto PDA in Innovations in Hair Design at the college or an HNC Hairdressing course at another college.
Alternatively, you can enter employment within the hairdressing industry as a stylist or technician.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Hairdressing (SCQF Level 6) SVQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.