Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (City & Guilds) SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This is the ideal course if you are interested in developing a career in the motor industry, whether you want to maintain and repair different types of vehicles (cars, vans, trucks, or even motorcycles), fit and replace parts and tyres, run your own motor vehicle business or work on hybrid vehicles safely.
This course will provide you with understanding and underpinning knowledge required for a Modern Apprenticeship, employment or further study.
This course has been designed to cover component removal, refitting, servicing techniques and fault diagnosis. You will be assessed through observation and written job cards.
- Gain key skills that local employers are looking for
- Study in a modern motor vehicle workshop
Successful completion of the City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles.
You must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Course content includes:
- Skills in Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Knowledge of Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Skills in Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Skills In Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Knowledge in Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Chassis Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults
- Skills in Diagnosing and Rectifying Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Skills to Identify and Agree Motor Vehicle Customer Service Needs
- Knowledge of How to Identify and Agree Motor Vehicle Customer Service Needs
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- Overalls and steel toe cap boots conforming to EN345-1 safety standards (£40)
- Memory stick (£10)
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair workbook Level 3 (£26)
Prices correct at time of publication.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
The practical element of this course is delivered in a modern motor vehicle workshop.
Underpinning knowledge is delivered in a classroom.
How long will my course last?1 Year
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Moray
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress into employment or onto the following qualifications:
- HNC/HND programmes and degree courses within UHI
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- ILM management and leadership qualifications
- NVQ Level 3/4 courses
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (City & Guilds) SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.