What is special about this course?
This course is aimed at Chefs already working in industry who are keen to progress to a senior role. You will study 1 day per week over 1 year in the Beechtree Restaurant at Moray College UHI campus.
By studying City & Guilds units, you will gain a high standard of cookery skills and have the option to learn other workplace essentials such as health and safety in a kitchen.
It is ideal for those chefs in industry who would like to continue or refresh their knowledge by undertaking topics within the qualification.
On completion of this course you will achieve a City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Culinary Skills.
- The Culinary Skills qualifications are for anyone who works or aspires to work as a chef in the catering and hospitality sector
- You can study flexibly 1 day per week over 1 year
- You will learn relevant skills
- You will undertake hands-on practical training
- You will gain a recognised City & Guilds qualification
You must be employed in the hospitality industry and have a suitable level of experience and skill.
- Catering Operations Cost & Menu Planning
- Prepare & Cook Poultry
- Prepare & Cook Rice Pastas Grains & Egg Products
- Prepare & Cook Hot and Cold Deserts and Puddings
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Face-to-face. Delivered 1 day per week in the Beechtree Kitchen at the Moray College UHI campus. The day of attendance could vary week to week and there is flexibility in how this can be delivered.
How long will my course last?
Part-time: 130 hours
1 day (6 hours) per week over 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
Start dateFlexible from September
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course, you could progress on to further study at SCQF Level 7 at the Hospitality and Tourism Academy at Moray College UHI.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.