What is special about this course?
The Cocktail and Mocktail Skills course provides you with the skills to carry out your role as a bartender in a variety of settings.
This course is designed to provide knowledge on products that make up different cocktails and mocktails, along with other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
You will learn how to operate equipment safely and how to keep the equipment clean and in good working order. You will also be taught specific skills in the preparation, presentation and serving of beverages, to ensure you are able to create the "best beverage experience".
You will achieve a City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Professional Bartending Skills.
- You can study flexibly part-time across the duration of 60 hours at the Hospitality and Tourism Academy
- Learning can be contextualised to your own circumstances
- You will gain a recognised City & Guilds qualification
- You will undertake hands-on fun practical training
- Suitable for anyone with an interest in professional bartending
- You will gain specialist skills and knowledge in one of the major growth areas of the hospitality industry – the beverage sector
Relevant SCQF Level 5 award.
Students with appropriate industrial experience will also be considered.
The qualification is made up of four learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate product knowledge
- Clean and check equipment
- Display drink building techniques
- Serve customers
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Flexible delivery in terms of how the 60 hours are delivered. Teaching will take place in the Beechtree Restaurant at Moray College UHI but there is also the possibility of off-site delivery to groups of learners from the same establishment.
How long will my course last?
Part-time: 60 hours
Cost - £100
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
Start dateVarious form September
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This course is designed to give you additional skills and enhance your ability for working in a Bar setting.
On successful completion of this course you could consider studying a full-time or part-time course at the Hospitality and Tourism Academy.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.