What is special about this course?
This course is aimed at Chefs already working in industry. You will study 1 day per week over 2 years in the Beechtree Restaurant at Moray College UHI campus.
By studying City & Guilds units, you will gain a high standard of cookery skills and have the option to learn other workplace essentials such as health and safety in a kitchen.
This course is ideal for those chefs in industry who would like to continue or refresh their knowledge by undertaking topics within the qualification
On completion of this course you will achieve a City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Culinary Skills.
- The Culinary Skills qualifications are for anyone who works or aspires to work as a chef in the catering and hospitality sector
- You can study flexibly 1 day per week over 2 years
- You will learn relevant skills
- You will undertake hands-on practical training
- You will gain a recognised City & Guilds qualification
You must be employed in the hospitality industry and have a suitable level of experience and skill.
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Prepare and cook food by stewing and braising
- Prepare and cook food by baking, roasting and grilling
- Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying
- Cold Food Preparation
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Face-to-face. Delivered 1 day per week in the Beechtree Kitchen at the Moray College UHI Campus. The day of attendance could vary week to week and there is flexibility in how this can be delivered.
How long will my course last?
Part-time: 330 hours
1 day (6 hours) per week over 2 years
Cost - £250 per year
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
Start dateFlexible from September
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this qualification, you can progress on to the Professional Cookery Day Release 2 course or to SCQF Level 6 full-time study at the Hospitality and Tourism Academy.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.