What is special about this course?
To develop competencies in Brickwork and Joinery. This course is seen by local employers as a pre-apprenticeship course.
3 National 4s one of which must be Maths
satisfactory attainment of any SCQF level 4 course
Applications are encouraged from mature students who do not possess formal qualifications but have appropriate understanding and skills to meet the academic demands of the course.
• Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
• Construction Occupation Practices: An Introduction
• Develop Bench Joinery Skills
• Manufacture Joinery Products
• Develop Constructional Carpentry Skills
• Half Brick Walling: An Introduction
• One Brick Walling: An Introduction
• Fundamentals of Cavity Walling
• Employability and Behavioural Skills
• Information Communication Technology
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Face to face with practical sessions.
How long will my course last?
Full time- 1 year.
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The qualification may be used to help students to gain an apprenticeship/find employment within the construction industry.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.