Barbering NVQ (Level 2) Diploma SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This course is designed to provide you with a firm foundation or build on existing skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in the barbering industry.
You will learn how to cut hair using traditional techniques including how to cut and shape beards, shampoo, condition, dry, colour and finish men’s hair effectively.
You will learn in a realistic working environment and gain all the basic skills needed for employment or self-employment within this trendy industry.
Our commercial salons are open to the public to allow you to develop and build your practical skills.
• You will gain practical skills in a rewarding and creative industry
• You will study full time or part time
• There are progression opportunities on completion of this course
• You will study within a real working environment using professional products
Three National 4s, one of which must be English
satisfactory attainment of SVQ in Hairdressing and Barbering SCQF Level 4.
Course content includes:
• Advise and Consult with Clients
• Shampoo, Condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
• Cut men's hair using basic techniques
• Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Dry and finish men's hair
• Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
• Colour and lighten men's hair
• Core Skills: Communication, Numeracy, and Information and Communication Technology
Kit cost: £258
Uniform: polo shirt
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Teaching will consist of face-to-face and online activities including virtual classrooms.
While the hairdressing department operates three commercial salons, you are encouraged to find your own clients where possible to meet the specific requirements of the portfolio.
How long will my course last?
Part time: 18 months (during the day)
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress onto the next level or alternatively you can also enter employment within the barbering industry.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Barbering NVQ (Level 2) Diploma SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.