Access to Integrative Healthcare & Therapies SCQF Level 5/6
What is special about this course?
The Access to Integrative Healthcare and Therapies course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required for progression to further and higher academic qualifications in: · Complementary Therapies · Integrative Healthcare · Science · Sports Therapy · Beauty Therapy · Health or Social Care
This course is suitable if you have an interest in complementary therapies or you are looking to integrate into the healthcare sector, whether you:
- are already working within the NHS as a health practitioner, nurse, midwife or physiotherapy assistant
- are working within the sports and rehabilitation industry, hospices and palliative care
- have completed SCQF Level 5 in beauty therapy
- have completed SCQF Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- are a school leaver with an interest in integrative healthcare
- are a returner to education
- simply looking for a complete change in career
- You will study a variety of subjects preparing you for further study
- If you are returning to education this is an ideal introduction course
- You will gain practical skills in body massage and foot treatments
- You will gain knowledge in health, nutrition and anatomy of the body
- You will take part in a work placement in the integrative healthcare industry
Three National 4s
satisfactory attainment of a SCQF Level 4/5 course(s).
Applications are encouraged from mature students who do not possess formal qualifications but have the skills to meet the academic demands of the course.
You must have knowledge of problem solving and research along with an understanding of the demands of the industry.
You must accept the requirements of presentation, professionalism, data protection, health & safety and the integrative perspective of complementary and alternative medicine in healthcare.
The ability to communicate with people is also essential.
Course content includes:
A mixed variety of units will be studied, providing you with underpinning knowledge of many aspects of complementary therapies, healthcare, science, nutrition & wellbeing and ICT.
The core units specifically link with units set within the HNC and HND Complementary Therapies programme, thus enabling a smooth transition from further education into higher education programme.
In addition, you will gain:
- • knowledge of healthcare and science technology
- • an introduction to first aid
- • knowledge of health and safety for use in clinics and healthcare environments
You will be required to purchase a uniform for practical classes. The cost of this will be included in your bursary.
During your course you will carry out practical assessments on clients and will be required to source clients from time to time.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
A blended learning approach including face-to-face teaching, supported with Virtual Learning Environment engagement.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Year
January start - 5 months (for January start choose "I want to start in 2020/21" when completing online application).
August start - 1 year (for August start choose "I want to start in 2021/22" when completing online application).
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
January or August
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress on to further and higher academic qualifications in:
- Complementary Therapies
- Integrative Healthcare
- Sports Therapy
- Beauty Therapy
- Health or Social Care
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Access to Integrative Healthcare & Therapies SCQF Level 5/6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.