Using Technology: Speaking Online and Face to Face SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
Students will learn how to improve one of the most important skills in employment and life: the ability to speak confidently, clearly and fluently online or face-to-face. They will explore why and how powerful speakers use attention-grabbing introductions, effective structures, strong conclusions and much more to communicate successfully with their audience. This will lead to students preparing and recording their own narrated, “talking head” PowerPoint video.
- The course is custom-built on our Brightspace VLE platform, meaning you can learn at the time, pace and place that suits you best
- Top tips to turbo-charge your public speaking skills
- Opportunities to practice and receive feedback from an expert
- Learn how to master contributing to online meetings
- Develop your technology skills to communicate effectively
Most meetings and interviews are now happening online. Being able to talk clearly and effectively in this setting is vital to your future career prospects. Businesses will expect their employees to communicate with clients over the phone, in-person and through video calls, which this course will prepare you for.
- How to research, plan and prepare your talk
- How to handle questions & prepare your PowerPoint presentation
- Studying a professional speaker and identifying best practice
- How to record a narrated, “talking head” PowerPoint
- How to upload and share your talk
Laptop, web camera and microphone
How will I study my course?
How long will my course last?2 Week
5 hours a week
Where can I study my course?
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This module will help build your confidence and prepare you for studying a Level 4 or 5 full-time course.
The “soft skills” you learn would be valuable for many different types of jobs in the likes of retail, telemarketing, health care or tourism.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Using Technology: Speaking Online and Face to Face SCQF Level 4
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Moray. UHI Moray operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.