NQ Intro to Foundation in Hairdressing SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
If you are a school leaver or mature student returning to education this course is an ideal introduction to the world of hairdressing.
You will develop a variety of employment skills and knowledge for entry into the hairdressing industry.
This course will further develop your confidence and teamwork skills making you more employable as a Salon Junior or help you progress as you embark on your hairdressing career.
It will also prepare you for further study by providing skills required for entry into SCQF Level 5 Foundation Hairdressing.
- You will gain basic practical skills in a rewarding and creative industry
- You will study full time
- There are progression opportunities on completion of this course
- You will study within a real working environment using professional products
Working towards two National 4s including English or equivalent e.g. may include relevant attainment at National 3.
You must attend a Course Information Event held prior to the course commencing.
- Shampoo and Condition Hair
- Cosmetology: Hairdressing Practical Skills (Int.1)
- Cosmetology: Product Awareness (Int.1)
- Blow Dry Hair
- Prepare for Hair Services and Maintain Work Areas
- Assist with Hair Colouring and Lightening Services
- Introduction to Foundation Colour
- Plait and Twist
- Coping Strategies and Building Resilience
- Stress Relief and Techniques
- Core Skills: Communication, Numeracy, and Information and Communication Technology
- A uniform (tunic, trousers, and shoes)
- Hairdressing Tool Kit
Order forms are sent out to successful applicants and costs may be included within the bursary which you must apply for separately.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Teaching will consist of face-to-face and online activities including virtual classrooms.
While the hairdressing department operates three commercial salons, you are encouraged to find your own clients where possible to meet the specific requirements of the portfolio.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you may progress onto further study including:
- Foundation Hairdressing (SCQF Level 5)
- NVQ (Level 2) Diploma in Barbering
Alternatively, you can enter employment within the hairdressing industry as a Salon Junior.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for NQ Intro to Foundation in Hairdressing SCQF Level 4
We are no longer accepting applications for 2020/21
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Moray College UHI. Moray College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.