Innovations in Hair Design PDA
What is special about this course?
Do you want to take you hairdressing creative skill to the next level? The PDA Innovations in Hair Design will allow you to focuse on the practical, artistic nature of hairdressing, allowing the research and design elements of your personality to grow and keep abreast of current trends, as is expected by the industry.
The online delivery of this PDA will give you the flexibility to study at a time and place that suits you.
This course will allow you to work independently, creating a design portfolio of your new creative looks. You will carry these out on models achieving an overall image to include dress, make-up and outfit.
- You will study the theory online and benefit from flexible approaches to assessment
- September and January start dates
- Provides progression opportunity for those with a SCQF level 6 hairdressing qualification
- Continuing professional development (CPD) for employers/employees
- SCQF level 6 hairdressing qualification or equivalent
- Alternatively, five years industry experience
- Applicants must be currently employed in the hairdressing industry
- You may also be required to attend an interview
Year 1 - PDA
The PDA consists of four SQA units:
- Creative design in haircutting
- Colour, colour correction and innovative design
- Training skills
- Long hair design
How will I study my course?
Part Time (Structured)
- The theory elements of the course are studied online
- Your practical assessments will be carried out on campus
- Closed book assessments will be carried out on campus under exam conditions
- Access to a computer or mobile device with broadband connections is essential for this course
How long will my course last?
Part time (structured): 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This Professional Development Award is designed for people who want to gain a recognised qualification in innovative hair design, as well as develop academic competence in portfolio compilation and research skills within the hairdressing industry. On successful completion you will have the skills to implement training programmes and have developed a sound understanding of creating fashion designs.
This award will enhance your employability as a technical representative with a manufacturing company, magazine and fashion work, management within a salon, training and assessing within education and training establishments or further progression within higher education.
Can I progress into further study?
Following successful completion of the PDA Innovations in Hair Design you may be able to progress to further academic study at HE level, for example, HND Make-up Artistry or Trichology
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Innovations in Hair Design PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.