What is special about this course?
This course will include both practical and theory sessions, either in fully equipped training kitchens, classrooms or through work experience in the College’s Beechtree Restaurant. Students will have the opportunity to prepare, cook and serve food to the general public, college staff and students.
4 National 5s (2 at A or B and 2 at A-D) one of which must be English and relevant work experience
satisfactory attainment of City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Food & Beverage Service and City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery
SCQF Level 5 course in a related subject.
Applications are encouraged from mature students who do not possess formal qualifications but have the skills to meet the academic demands of the course.
• Food Safety in Catering
• Develop Skills for Employment in the Catering and Hospitality
• Health & Safety in Catering and Hospitality
• Healthier Foods and Special Diets
• Catering Operations Cost & Menu Planning
• Prepare and Cook Stocks Soups & Sauces
• Prepare and Cook Fruit and Vegetables
• Prepare and Cook Meat & Offal
• Prepare and Cook Poultry
• Prepare and Cook Fish & Shellfish
• Prepare and Cook Rice Pastas Grains and Egg Products
• Prepare and Cook Hot Cold Deserts and Puddings
• Produce Paste Products
• Produce Biscuit Cake and Sponge Products
• Produce Fermented Dough Products
• Professional Cookery - Craft Assessment
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Classroom/Realistic Work environment. Educational visits to local establishments.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Full time - 1 year.
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Further study may include HNC Professional Cookery or employment as a Chef de Partie.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.