What is special about this course?
This course is designed to meet the needs of parents and childcare workers and covers First Aid skills relevant to young people up to the age of 8 years.
Aims of the Course -
- To enable participants to understand the principles of First Aid
- To enable participants to practise First Aid procedures emphasising resuscitation and recovery position
- To enable participants to deal with emergency situations.
- Actions of first aider in case of an accident or emergency
- Theory of child cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Practical child cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
Recognition and treatment of -
- Head injuries and causes of unconsciousness
- Allergic reactions
- Common childhood ailments
- Competency in use of bandages and dressings.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Short course duration - 1 day.
Where can I study my course?
- Moray College UHI
The good news is that depending on your personal circumstances there are a wide range of bursaries, grants and allowances available to fund your college studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.