Modern Apprenticeships are part of the growing apprenticeship family funded through Skills Development Scotland (SDS) which includes the Foundation Apprenticeship and Graduate Apprenticeship programmes.
Benefits for your business
Modern Apprenticeships are ideal for your business no matter what size and stage in development. The programme offers you the opportunity to invest in Morays young people by providing them the opportunity to train towards a nationally recognised qualification while working as one of your employees. For your business the programme ensures that you can have highly qualified and skilled staff to ensure business competitiveness, growth and sustainability.
- Trained workforce tailored to employers’ needs
- Improved quality
- Investment in your organisation’s future
- Motivated staff
The Modern Apprenticeship initiative offers young people the chance to work towards a recognised Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) with further opportunities for higher level study with the introduction of Graduate Apprenticeships. Scottish Vocational Qualifications were developed in consultation with industry and are designed to create a high-calibre workforce.
Moray College UHI operates a highly successful MA programme in partnership with SDS, we offer a range of frameworks across many sectors. We can support you from the outset, providing information about the programme, advice on how best to advertise for an apprentice and help you to advertise your vacancy across our networks.
Once you have recruited your apprentice, we will work with you to develop the MA training plan in consultation with the apprentice developed around your business needs. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, which can be anything from 12 months – 4 years (depending on the framework) we will support you and your apprentices throughout the whole process.
Who is eligible?
All 16 - 19 year olds are eligible provided they are in employment. Funding may also be available for ages 20-24 and 25+ in certain sectors.
What Modern Apprenticeships do we offer?
Click on the title for more information
- SVQ in Bricklaying (SCQF Level 6)
- SVQ in Business and Administration (SCQF Level 5)
- SVQ in Carpentry and Joinery (SCQF Level 6)
- SVQ in Engineering (Electrical / Electronic) (SCQF Level 6)
- SVQ in Electrical Installation Modern Apprenticeship SCQF Level 6
- SVQ in Engineering (Fabrication and Welding) (SCQF Level 6)
- SVQ in Engineering (Mechanical) (SCQF Level 6)
- SVQ in Hairdressing SCQF Level 5
- SVQ in Hairdressing SCQF Level 6
- SVQ in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (SCQF Level 7)
- SVQ in Horticulture SCQF Level 5
- SVQ in Landscaping SCQF Level 6
- SVQ in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (SCQF Level 7)
- SVQ in Plumbing (SCQF Level 6)
- SVQ in Professional Cookery SCQF Level 5
- SVQ in Professional Cookery SCQF Level 6
- SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 6
- SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7
- SVQ in Healthcare Support - Clinical SCQF Level 7
- SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9
- SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF Level 6
- SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF Level 7